Marriage Licenses are issued at the County Court House.
Shoshone County Court House:
Marriage licenses are issued Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm ($28 fee). Closed Saturday and Sunday
The fee for a marriage license is $28.00. We do not accept out of state checks.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT:
SHOSHONE COUNTY RECORDER
700 Bank ST. STE 120
Wallace, ID 83873
Kootenai County Court House:
Marriage licenses are issued 9:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday ($31 fee)
Saturdays ($48 fee) from 9:00AM to 2:00PM, except holiday weekends.
The cost of the License includes one mailed certified copy of the license after your wedding.IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT:
KOOTENAI COUNTY RECORDER 451 Government Way
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814(208) 446-1480
For Marriage License:
* Bride & Groom must both sign the application
* A valid driver’s license or picture ID is required upon request
* Applicants who are 16 or 17 years of age must provide a certified copy of their birth certificate and have consent in writing, duly acknowledged and sworn to by their mother, father, or guardian. If a guardian is giving their consent, we will need a certified copy of the court order appointing them as guardian. The parent or guardian will also need a valid picture ID.
* Applicants 15 years of age and younger must get an order from the court along with all the requirements for a 16 or 17 year old before we can issue a license.
* Bride & Groom must both provide their social security numbers. If a social security number has not been assigned, then the applicant(s) will need the following:
- Written verification from the Social Security Administration that a number has not been issued
- A birth certificate or passport from the country where the applicant is a citizen
* Licenses issued in Idaho must be solemnized in Idaho.
Frequently Asked Questions:
There is no residency requirement in the State of Idaho to obtain an Idaho Marriage License.
There is no waiting period.
Marriage ceremonies need to take place in Idaho if the marriage license was issued in Idaho.